Sunday, August 24, 2008

Life in Chinag Mai (1)

When I came to Chiang Mai, there was nobody come and fetch me at the bus station. I did not know where to go. There was only one map that I got from the bus. I could tell the red cub driver to go to Chiagn Mai University in Thai, " Pai Mahawittayalai Chiang Mai". I did not even know how Chiang Mai looks alike. I did not know how to go to my friend's apartment either. My friend did not know how to tell me to come to him. At that moment, there was no divination in me to expect that it would be a city I would have to stay for a bout two years learning the society I am interested in. I was just a girl who has a prone to be fear, depend on others. However, that was the first experience for me to go into the unknown future without any supporter around me. I made friends, enjoy learning, going around and build my confidence to be able to face the problems alone. I was in the mist at that time. Now, I have a clear vision into my future. It was the strength in my heart that I build up in that small town. Two days ago, I went to the mountain called Doi Suthep. I walked up with some friends. I went to the waterfall that Ko Thinker showed me when I arrived to Chiang Mai for the first time. I was there looking down the city among the mist. I could not believe that I was in the stage of metamorphosis during these three years. My ambiguity was changed into the force for me go in depth into the unknown world. In my mind it was just yesterday. I went to the Huay Kaew Waterfall with Ko Thinker, painting outdoor pictures. Second time, I went up there to go for picnic with a soul friend for breakfast. I even hear the laugh of my friend there looking at me and said, 'that is the only picnic that I have had for picnic.' If I ask myself that what today is? My soul will answer that today is the basis for tomorrow and the future. If I have not come to Chiang Mai for the first time and did not enthusiastic to adapt here at that time, if there were not Ko Thinker giving strength to someone he had met for about two hours only, these miracles in my life will not have happened. Today, I am here with confidence to seek for truth because of the warm welcome from Ko Thinker and Ma Marlar for whom they have not known before and my curiosity to come here for the first time.

No comments: