Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Last Sketch with an Old Friend

It was a long time that I did not get a chance to draw sketches with the small ink pen received as a present from a colleague friend. Yesterday, I was in sorrow that I was trying to clean my room. I found out that little ink pen and remember the days that she and I painted with that little ink pen together in Yangon Institute of Economics. We were sometimes painting in our lecture books. Sometimes, we sat down near the grasses and painted the portrait of these little grasses since we wanted to honor them as anonymous decorators of earth. I tried to just test the pen weather I could still use it or not. I drew a big tree and small grasses. Some leaves are on the ground, with a breeze, some are floating in the wind. It makes me feel happy listening the falling leaves sweeping the ground. There is a small house beyond the height. A small country path coming out but there is just a vague end. Nothing is in order, how to end this event is not in the painter’s hand. There is a big acacia standing by the small house showing the heat of dessert. Behind that is a range of mountains far away. There is a happy reunion inside the painting. A person is running towards a small boy. It is between those big shady tree and acacia. There upon them, is a kite floating in the air with glee. After that sketch, I tried to make another one since I have had more to take out from my heart. When I pulled out the cap, the ink pen was broken, it died because of his old age. It was an old ink pen lived nearly ten years following wherever I went. I just wanted to keep the memories with the ink pen in my life. This painting is the last one it made with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thes ere very nice stories and pictures